Where do I start? I’ll make a list. For some reason I love to list things.
1. The KEXP Blog has launched as of today! If I hear the word “blog” one more time I’m going to vomit but blogit, I’m going to blogity blog blog right bloggin now! I actually heard a commercial the other day where the guy is saying something like “man, I’m on line blogging all the time and when I need a break….” You can SEE the company president saying to his staff “Now LISTEN, I keep hearing about this wacky blog thing out there and I want to make sure we’re hip to that vibe man.” Then you can see the people making the commercial rolling their eyes at the copy they have to come up with. I feel for you. Hang in there….the commercial still blows though. Anyway, where was I….or yeah! KEXP Blogga Bloggggggg Bloggidy Blog Blog……Blog. Its sweet, will be updated all the time and will keep you connected to KEXP and the music and fellow listeners even more.
2. NYC. We’ll be there next week and that’s sweet. I’ll be at The Delancey on Tuesday night for our KEXP show if you can’t sign up for any in-studios. By the way, if you do sign up please do your best to show as we’ll have a list at the door. This isn’t a venue, its an actual recording studio so we can’t have people randomly walking around there…..we’ll leave that to the KEXP staff….
3. Portland. Good times. I love Portland and was in a wedding for a very close friend there this weekend. I was a groomsman. So much easier then best man. All the drinking and dressing up without the threat of a public speech. Good times.
4. Saturday at High Dive! So sad I couldn’t be there but I was in Portland dressed up and loaded so back off! I’ll be there in June though, unless I’m in Denmark. Seriously. Here is the sweet slide show.
5. Congrats to Dash A Dennis from Cushing, OK! He won the Sasquatch! contest so he’ll be flying here and then driving out to the Gorge. Good luck Dash, just drive down I-90 and look for a giant river. If you hit Moses Lake you’ve gone to far….and you’ve entered the 3rd level of hell.
6. Here’s a list for banana bread
1 cup granulated sugar
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
2 large eggs
3 ripe bananas
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
Cream the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Mix in the milk and cinnamon. In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour disappears.
Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Set aside to cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove bread from pan, invert onto rack and cool completely before slicing.
Spread slices with honey or serve with ice cream.
7. The Cheryl and John podcast? Its out and we think its good….it not good then “really interesting”. I’ll take it.