We drank Sparks… Sparks?

John Richards – Gigantic Studios, NYC (5/15/06)
Photo Courtesy of Doron Gild

We had a little party last night to welcome the week in NYC at the art space downstairs from the studio. Great times had by all….music was spun by Gerald of Burnside Project and we had some listeners and music peeps by. We drank Sparks….which is both an energy drink and a malt beverage. I did not know this was possible. But I got drunk and ran 2 miles. Got in this morning after walking about 30 blocks in the rain. I needed the fresh air…but I walked anyway. Found out the neighbor to the studio was a little upset with the noise yesterday. Uh oh. We’re going to be louder today. Cheryl came in after we started the broadcast. She forgot the first rule of morning radio, don’t talk about morning radio. Actually she didn’t forget that rule, she forgot the second rule, have a back up alarm clock. I have 3.

More on today’s broadcast.

This entry was posted in John In The Morning, Live Performances. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted May 16, 2006 at 7:25 am | Permalink

ya, well at least your on East Coast time and can sleep 3 extra hours!!!

2. Cheryl Waters
    Posted May 16, 2006 at 8:31 am | Permalink

It’s not really considered sleeping an extra 3 hours if you don’t go to sleep at your regular Seattle bedtime. We’re on New York time now. I was up until 11pm last night (John until 10pm). We’re living the high life, baby. Par-tay! 11pm. Woo hoo!! They laugh at us here in the city that never sleeps.

3. Posted May 16, 2006 at 8:42 am | Permalink

okay then, it’s Kevin who’s getting the extra sleep dammit!!!

4. Cheryl Waters
    Posted May 16, 2006 at 9:20 am | Permalink

Have you seen Kevin? He’s a looker, that one. You know that man is getting his beauty sleep. Although, I hear rumors that the siren call of the internet has been keeping him up into the wee hours lately.

5. cathy
    Posted May 16, 2006 at 2:14 pm | Permalink

um yeah, about Sparks. i got a bit carried away with the can and i accidentally spilled that thing all over my 7-year old’s face. i told her to just lick it up. i actually didn’t know it was alcohol at that point.

well she had a good time and adored the plastic eggs in the back room of the gallery. she kept on repeating, ‘those eggs are my new friends!” all the way home. i think it was the Sparks talking.

6. Meghan
    Posted May 16, 2006 at 3:16 pm | Permalink

Hey guys,

Have some Sparks in my honor (that stuff is so gross but whatever) tonight! It’s my birthday and I’ll be working so I need someone to drink for me. Course I also quit drinking a year ago, not because I was a stereotypical Irish alcoholic mind you but because my old woman insides just don’t appreciate the liquor like they use to. Which is neither here nor there, but drink for me anyway. :)