Halou just keeps getting better.

Halou at the Mezzanine, San Francisco – Photo Courtesy of ieerror

This San Francisco band just keeps getting better. Halou’s 3rd album Wholeness and Separation, seamlessly blends electronics with live instrumentation and Rebecca Coseboom’s gorgeous vocals for a dynamic set of adventurous trip hop ranging from aggressive, distortion-laden electro-rock to delicate, atmospheric ballads.

You can sample the new record and listen to a couple songs at the band’s MySpace page.

They were actually in-studio a couple times a while back… Here’s their peformance from 6/29/2002 – (WMA, Real)

Looks like they’re doing a CD release show at Chop Suey on June 9 with Zoe Keating (Imogen Heap) and Goldspot. Anyone get a chance to see Halou recently?

This entry was posted in KEXP Suggests. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Wanda Corleone
    Posted May 23, 2006 at 2:24 pm | Permalink

Halou’s live performances are stunning – I see on the myspace page that they’re going to be in your (kexp) studio on 6/9/06 and then playing at Chop Suey that night. oh yes.

2. Don Yates, Music Director
    Posted May 23, 2006 at 3:08 pm | Permalink

That’s right! The Chop Suey show with Goldspot should be really good…

3. Dan Schonberg
    Posted May 23, 2006 at 5:08 pm | Permalink

I saw them on April 1 in San Francisco. Very enjoyable show, but not something that blew my mind. I picked up their Wholness EP after the show, which I enjoyed a lot at first but wore on me pretty quickly. Overall a positive recommendation.

4. Posted May 23, 2006 at 5:12 pm | Permalink

(holy crap it’s Dan Yates..?!?! from Steal Works..??!?!)

Kevin Cole says check out the blog… and what do I do..? Well, here I am.

5. Don. No John or Dan. Don.
    Posted May 24, 2006 at 10:39 am | Permalink

Mytch- thats John. Ours is Don. Methinks you got off work way early and started the beers at around 3pm? ;) Cheers. Keep checking out the blog…lots to read here.

6. Amanda
    Posted June 14, 2006 at 9:43 pm | Permalink

Does anyone else thing they sound like a Portishead ripoff??? I’m open to feedback, so please contribute, break me down, rip me apart….