The 4th annual Decibel International Festival of Electronic Music Performance, Visual Art and New Media begins today and runs from September 20-23. Across Seattle, more than 80 artists from 9 countries appear in 14 showcases in 9 venues, each outfitted with custom sound and video. According to the Decibel Festival’s website, “In keeping with festival tradition, expect to experience a broad range of cutting-edge electronic music based performances from international talent of the highest caliber.”
The Opening Gala this evening at the Henry Art Gallery kicks off the festival with a “series of A/V performances ranging from ambient music... to more rhythmically charged sounds of minimal techno and house.”
photo by Octavio Maron
Our most recent podcast, Music That Matters, Vol. 65, celebrates the 2007 Decibel Festival by featuring music and remixes by a dozen artists performing this weekend.
- Guns N Bombs - Crossover Appeal
- Claude VonStroke - Whoâ€™s Afraid of Detroit?
- Robert Babicz - Neoreplicator
- Motor - Yak
- Diplo - Work Is Never Over
- Jacob London - Interest Rates Just Fell Again
- Santogold - Creator (produced by Switch)
- Rafael Anton Irisarri - A Thousand-Yard Stare
- Strategy - Running on Empty
- DJ T - Philly (Mike Shannon remix)
- Alland Byallo - Dark Tide Disco (original mix)
- Lusine - Stones Throw
Decibel Festival event passes are still available and grant entry to all showcases. Otherwise, you can buy showcase tickets individually. Links to buy passes or showcase tickets can be found here.