The 20th Annual Shake the Shack Rockabilly Ball 9/27-9/29, Round 1

photo by Jim Bennett

Time to put away the pomade, roll down your sleeves and cuffs, and lay the poodle skirts to rest — the three nights of debauchery that is the 20th annual Shake the Shack Rockabilly Ball are over, and by all reports it was our most successful yet. Dr. Leon Berman, The Proctologist of Rock ‘n’ Roll, hosted three nights at the Tractor Tavern, 17 bands from around the world, and even a hot rod car show.

To preserve the memories for posterity (or infamy!), we had three photographers on hand to witness the spectacle. Here’s the first round of astounding photos, courtesy of Jim Bennett:

Friday 9/28

click photo to see pictures from 9/28

Saturday 9/29

click photo to see pictures from 9/29

Check back for more photos!

This entry was posted in KEXP, KEXP Presents. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted October 1, 2007 at 1:41 pm | Permalink

oh crap I missed the hardest working band in Seattle the Dusty 45’s?

Posted October 2, 2007 at 8:18 am | Permalink

Where are the photos from Thursday? :)

3. beth
    Posted October 3, 2007 at 10:54 pm | Permalink

WOW!!! “Johnny & The Blades” performed???…. you are so lucky to have captured their sound again. PLEASE add my name to the mailing list. I’ll fly out for a Blades concert anytime!

4. Posted October 3, 2007 at 11:03 pm | Permalink

You can sign up for Leon’s or any other DJ’s mailing list here.

5. Sweetpea
    Posted October 9, 2007 at 2:12 pm | Permalink

Thanks so much for the Ball every year Leon!!! I’ll always help out however I can!

6. Sweetpea
    Posted October 9, 2007 at 2:13 pm | Permalink

Ps, i hit send too soon, Thanks Jim for the great Photos!!!

7. Kurt from Reno
    Posted October 8, 2008 at 6:25 pm | Permalink

This was my first time at the ball. I had such a great time!! I am so looking foward to the 2009 Rockabilly Ball. A big thanks to Dr. Leon for such a great event and to all you ladies for getting dressed to the 9’s.