Northwest Music: Up and coming on Audioasis

Audioasis, KEXP’s Local Music Show puts on a concert for charity every month at the High Dive in Fremont. Last Saturday, local bands New Faces, The Valley, Head Like A Kite, At The Spine and Bad Dream Good Breakfast rocked the house and raised money for the Northwest Immigrant Rights Project. More info on NWIRP at WWW.NWIRP.ORG

This Saturday on Audioasis, we’ve got live local bands! You can hear rough and ready rockers Sunday Night Blackout at 6pm and hip hop artist Anthony Shears at 8pm.

Abe Beeson is your host for 3 hours of the best from the Northwest, Audioasis on KEXP.

Anthony Shears
Mea Culpa (MP3)

sundaynightblackout.jpg
Sunday Night Blackout
Set Me Off (MP3)

This entry was posted in Audioasis, KEXP. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Jamal
    Posted November 11, 2007 at 7:34 pm | Permalink

That live performance by Anthony Shears was incredible. I love his versatilty! I’m upset he didn’t do Mea Culpa. That’s my favorite song. I love his music though. Thank you KEXP for putting me on to it.

2. Jody
    Posted November 11, 2007 at 7:48 pm | Permalink

Anthony Shears is the future!!!!! Seattle Stand Up!!!! Thank you KEXP for showing the hood love!

3. Daniel Elman
    Posted November 18, 2007 at 12:05 am | Permalink

Anthony and I are friends on myspace. I got a bulletin on myspace about the performance on air, and I have to say, I was really impressed. I will definately be tuning in to KEXP from now on. Thanks a bunch.

4. Posted November 19, 2007 at 5:27 pm | Permalink

Thanks for everything KEXP. I appreciate your dedication to local music and the opportunity to have Anthony be interviewed and perform live on air.

Anthony’s link (when you click his name) should take you to http://www.myspace.com/anthonyshears. I believe it is currently misspelled.

Looking forward to the next time Abe.

5. Talya Shulman
    Posted November 20, 2007 at 10:03 am | Permalink

I just checked, and Anthony Shears debuted at #50 on Easy Street’s general chart, and #5 on their Hip Hop Charts!!!!!! I’m so excited for him. He came and spoke at our school and won us all over reading just the lyrics from his notebook. “See the game but don’t let it dictate your thoughts/Because when it’s all said and done, the kings and pawns - they go in the same box.” I love his music. Thanks KEXP!

6. Bridget
    Posted November 27, 2007 at 11:04 am | Permalink

I got a myspace post that Anthony Shears has risen to #37 on the charts this week, and #3 in Hip Hop (http://www.buymusichere.net/rel/v2_home.php?storenr=21&deptnr=31). Incrediblel! His music is so good. I heard a sample of a song he did called “The Fakest Inner-Me.” It’s totally EMO-RAP and has a guy screaming at the top of his lungs in the chorus. It gave me chills!!! Go Anthony Shears!

7. Noelle Rivera
    Posted November 27, 2007 at 8:04 pm | Permalink

How do we get ahold of the live versions of the songs Anthony Shears did on AUDIOASIS? I’ve been trying to hear the interview since it happened? I heard the last two songs he did. Anthony Shears is amazing. He has a song posted on his myspace called “Dear Hip Hop.” I love that song. Is KEXP going to start playing this song?