Top 90.3 Countdown!

Tune in to KEXP now to hear the Top 90.3 albums of 2007, as voted on by you, the listeners. DJs Troy and Cheryl Waters will take you through the entire list.

Think you know who might win this year? Take our poll:

Got a different suggestion? Leave a comment and let us know who you think will win.

This entry was posted in Top 90.3. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Meghan
    Posted December 29, 2007 at 7:00 am | Permalink

I think it is a travesty that Writer’s Block didn’t even make the countdown and bands I hardly ever hear on this station did. What does that mean? Are we being infiltrated?

2. Posted December 29, 2007 at 10:44 am | Permalink

Seattle is eff-ing GORGEOUS!!!!! But y’all drink to much caffeine out there. You’ll have problems with your blood pressure later in life. I suggest putting a little whiskey in all those lattes to stay loose. As for top albums of ’07, stay away from the West Coast. Stay with NY rappers and NY rockers. Stay in the capital of the world. That’s what Dylan called NY. When is Dylan ever wrong? Last checked, he’s got a summer retreat in Seattle. Last I checked, he likes Irish coffee. Last I checked, he’s still with us. Rock.

3. Posted December 29, 2007 at 11:45 am | Permalink

Meghan -- I think that there was a bit of confusion with Peter Bjorn & John’s Writer’s Block. It actually came out in 2006, but was re-released in 2007. Looking back at the chart for 2006, I don’t see it on there, though. I know of at least one DJ who took the album off his Top Ten list this year because he believed it to really be a 2006 release. Looks like PB&J got screwed in regard to “Best of” lists (but are doing really well thanks to the re-release!).

4. Eric
    Posted December 29, 2007 at 6:54 pm | Permalink

What about mono in vcf?

5. Posted December 30, 2007 at 12:03 am | Permalink

Since Mono in VCF’s physical album doesn’t come out until February, they stand a chance for next year’s list. This whole digital pre-release thing gets confusing! Will Radiohead be eligible for next year’s list because their album hits stores 1/1/08? What about Vampire Weekend, whose actual album comes out on XL later in January but whose “Blue CD-R” has made the “Best Of” lists of many DJs, and not just at KEXP? It was bad enough with import to domestic releases... sheesh!

By the way, Mono in VCF were our Song of the Day podcast on Friday, so check it out.

6. jim
    Posted January 1, 2008 at 2:35 pm | Permalink

no feral children?! that hurts

7. Justus
    Posted January 2, 2008 at 12:10 pm | Permalink

digitalism-Idealism????
    only the best electronic album of the year IMO

8. Patrick
    Posted January 4, 2008 at 12:46 pm | Permalink

Sky Blue Sky really worked for me this year....Jeff Tweedy and I are totally on the same life trajectory, obviously, so I vote for Wilco in 2007.