If you are having a hard time finding out what went on at SXSW this past weekend, I don’t know what to tell you. I can’t even look at my RSS reader without seeing those four letters on every bit of news I read. KEXP was there (of course, haven’t you been listening!?!) as well as a lot of the other blogs large and small. Pitchfork had a small army of reporters and they all had cameras. Rockouts was trying to live blog SXSW, while Stereogum managed to be all over the place with a video camera. Gorilla Vs. Bear took an old school approach and covered the whole weekend with polaroids. Chromewaves was on hand with a more novel approach, literally. You Ain’t No Picasso and Muzzle of Bees were also on-hand to fill in some of the gaps.
The Breeders playing “Cannonball” live on KEXP at KLRU.
Also, The Breeders interview with Cheryl:
- Meanwhile, there is a new video from La Blogotheque up now featuring Yeasayer. It’s shot in an apartment in Paris with a small group of people offering up the gang vocals for “2080“.
- Can you play drums? Do you know how to rock? If you do The Thermals need your help. Now drummerless, they are willing to put you on the skins if you’re good enough. (from Line Out)
- Reaching out to fans for creative input seems to be gaining popularity more and more. After two weeks of Nine Inch Nails‘ new instrumental release, Ghosts I-IV, Trent Reznor is asking fans to create videos of the songs. This worked well for Modest Mouse, it will be interesting to see how well NIN can pull it off. (via Brooklynvegan)
- It’s a good week for talk shows:
- Monday - Billy Bragg on Conan
- Tuesday - The Cribs on Letterman, Erykah Badu on Leno, Stars on Conan
- Wednesday - The Gutter Twins on Letterman
- Thursday - Nada Surf on Leno