- POP Montreal has announced its initial line-up for October 1st-5th run. The eclectic festival is fishing in every genre, touting catches such as Burt Bacharach, Wire, Nick Cave, Black Kids, Beach House, and Evangelicals as early invitees to their festivities.
- Cold War Kids, who blew up thanks to large amounts of blog love, are set to release sophomore album Loyalty to Loyalty September 23rd. You can download their first single here:
Cold War Kids - Something Is Not Right with Me (MP3)
- Who dares to release their first single as sheet music? Deerhoof, that’s who. The ever-innovating group has given fans “Fresh Born,” from forthcoming LP, Offend Maggie, in such form. They are encouraging everyone to interpret the song as they wish, record it, and put it on Cash Music for the world to hear.
- Always one to stick to anyone willing to take it, Paul Westerberg is sticking it to labels and digital services by offering his latest album 49:00 for just 49 cents. The only takers were Amazon, who are selling the 44-minute (???) track with a Cheshire grin while iTunes and the lot refuse to sell an item for such a low price.
- The man who asks us to quash arguments in favor of nabbing some chicken, Mark Kozelek also happens to be a great musician outside his day job as a Dr. Phil rock ‘n’ roll prodigy. The Sun Kil Moon main man is offering up new EP, 7 Songs Belfast, to anyone who buys selected items from his website store before its September 1st digital-release.