Cheryl Waters and the Midday Show are hosting their 1st Annual Dance Party this Saturday at the Nectar Lounge. At the appropriately titled Get Your Freak On, Cheryl Waters has thrown down the disco gauntlet and promises to dispel any notions that Seattle people don’t dance. She’ll be joined by fellow KEXP DJ’s Darek Mazzone and Michele Myers, who will be preceeded by a special performance from Seattle’s very own Man Plus.
Since it’s our very 1st ever Midday Show Dance Party, we compiled a list of a few dance moves we’d like to see on Saturday:
1. The Moonwalk: The object is to give the impression that the dancer is walking forward when he or she is actually sliding backward making sure that neither foot is lifted as both feet remain on the ground. Damn, how did Michael do it?
2. The Running Man: One of my personal favorites. The Running Man also a terrific way of exercising the whole body and a smart alternative to joining a gym.
3. The Cabbage Patch: Unlike most dance moves that require the use of the entire body, The Cabbage Patch is strictly for the upper body. It’s also a sure sign that when people rock this move today, they’re probably drunk.
4. The Roger Rabbit: And I quote: “The Roger Rabbit is also the perfect activity to engage in while at parties or certain social gatherings to really liven things up.” Oh, you’ll definitely liven things up with this dance move!
5. The Robot: Who can forget The Robot? One of the greatest dance moves ever created. Nobody knows who actually invented it, possibly a robot, but we still love those mechanical hand moves.
Join us at Nectar Lounge, located at 412 N 36th Street in Seattle. Doors open at 8pm, show from 9pm to 1am. Advance tickets for this 21+ event are available through Ticketweb. Tickets will also be available at the door for $10.