iPhone users: Listen to KEXP on the Public Radio Tuner

Many of you have been waiting for this for a long time: KEXP is available on the iPhone... for free! iPhone users can download the free Public Radio Tuner iPhone App and stream KEXP along with hundreds of other incredible non-profit public stations for the best news, music, and other non-commercial programming.

public-radio-tuner-300x250

To find out more about the app, head over the Public Radio Tuner website or just download the app now!

This entry was posted in KEXP. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. James
    Posted March 6, 2009 at 2:23 pm | Permalink

Yay! It’s about time!!!

2. Blake
    Posted March 6, 2009 at 8:01 pm | Permalink

Seriously! Love it! (about time :D)

3. Amber
    Posted March 18, 2009 at 2:44 pm | Permalink

So excited! I’ve been using the Public Radio Tuner for a few months and kept hoping to see KEXP on the list.

4. Posted April 2, 2009 at 9:16 am | Permalink

this is sawweeettt! portable KEXP :)

5. Duderman
    Posted June 19, 2009 at 9:52 am | Permalink

What bitrate??

6. Posted July 2, 2009 at 4:34 am | Permalink

Just downloaded this and am loving it!

7. Dave Rodriguez
    Posted July 23, 2009 at 11:52 am | Permalink

So sweet!

8. Dave Rodriguez
    Posted July 29, 2009 at 9:45 am | Permalink

I continue to get an “Audio stream bandwidth too great for network. Please try another stream” error everytime I listen. I am in Seattle and using AT&T as services. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there away to get the the 32bit stream published as well?

9. amanda koster
    Posted August 31, 2009 at 8:54 pm | Permalink

trying to download, keep getting ‘not available in us store’. c’mon kexp! psyched to hear you on my iphone walking to the light rail (how seattle)! let’s get it together.

10. Posted August 31, 2009 at 9:22 pm | Permalink

We’re working on it, Amanda! But you can be listening right now because the Public Radio Player DOES work! You can get KEXP on this app!

11. Jarvus Mcgee
    Posted December 15, 2009 at 2:11 pm | Permalink

I too get an “Audio stream bandwidth too great for network. Please try another stream” error every time I listen - ON WIFI no less. Seems like the 128KB stream is too much - are there any other choices? Guess it’s back to the good old reliable podcasts for me.

12. Posted December 15, 2009 at 3:36 pm | Permalink

Jarvus, if you click the “Settings” button on the top left of the main screen, you can then select the 32kb stream. Does that work for you?

13. rebecca
    Posted May 21, 2010 at 11:04 pm | Permalink

make an android app! please.

14. Bam Bam
    Posted September 15, 2011 at 4:59 am | Permalink

The KEXP app is crashing on me every time I try to open the streaming radio. I’ve tried restarting my iPhone 4, deleting the app on my phone and re-installing, deleting the app in iTunes from my computer and re-installing from my computer, even doing a “hard restart” on my iPhone. Still crashing. Any thoughts?

15. Posted September 15, 2011 at 7:41 am | Permalink

Unfortunately, the app does not work with the latest upgrade to iOS 4.3. If you recently upgraded your iPhone, that is why it is crashing. We are working to fix this now.