- The rumors of a Leslie Feist appearance on the upcoming Wilco album are true! The Chicago ruffians confirmed the Canadian belle duets with Tweedy on the track “You and I” from the as-yet-titled Wilco release slated for later this year. Now if only the album steers clear of the sleepiness of Sky Blue Sky, we’ll be truly ecstatic.
- It’s no secret New York City has all the musical luck and it’s no different come May 8th when Bjork and Dirty Projectors combine talents for Housing Works, an organization that deals with homelessness and the AIDS epidemic.
- Pioneer of off-the-cuff live music video sessions, La Blogoteque, continues to outdo itself, this time with an amazing performance from Sigur Ros:
- Use up your iTunes giftcards as quickly as you can. Come April 7th, prices for hit singles and in-demand tracks (A.K.A. the most downloaded) will raise from the standard 99 cents to new price point $1.29, reports The King of A&R. Enjoy buying 3 tracks for the price of 4!
- Though the RIAA had promised to back off of suing individuals who illegally download their most coveted (i.e. money making) releases, it seems old habits die hard. According to Ars Technica, the oh-so out of touch institution is still brings about lawsuits in the hopes of reaping settlements from the damned. The catch is these new cases are, in actuality, old lawsuits just being brought up thanks to a backlog of ISP addresses just now being matched to owners — in other words, the RIAA have abandoned new suits but still can’t wait to decipher all those old ISPs to collect your money just because you dig a little Poison.
- A slight name change and a lengthy North American tour have yet to slow down Santigold (née Santogold). The new lady on the block is a hot commodity, working on vocal tracks on upcoming releases from the Beastie Boys and David Byrne.
- Animated supergroup Gorillaz‘s long-awaited Bananaz is set for a theatrical and DVD release in June. Babelgum (has anyone ever heard of this site?), however, scores the glory of premiering the 2007 documentary beginning April 20th. The website will stream the film for four weeks. Here’s the trailer:
- Here are the highlights of the talk shows this week. Be extra sure to set your DVR for Phoenix’s upcoming appearance on SNL — the new album is going to be hot!
Monday, March 30
Jimmy Fallon: Glasvegas
Tuesday, March 31
David Letterman: Marianne Faithfull
Jimmy Fallon: Gomez
Wednesday, April 1
David Letterman: Ray LaMontagne
Jimmy Fallon: Stevie Nicks
Thursday, April 2
Jimmy Fallon: Dr. Dog
Friday, April 3
Jimmy Fallon: Cold War Kids
Jimmy Kimmel: Lily Allen
Saturday, April 4
Saturday Night Live: Phoenix