- Before becoming a highly acclaimed film director, Michel Gondry was a highly acclaimed music video director. Much of his work was contained within Palm Picture’s Director Series DVD. However, Gondry has made a few more videos despite being world famous and those videos are now collected as Michel Gondry 2: More Videos Before & After DVD 1. The set will be available this Tuesday (April 14th) and includes, among many others, this video for Beck’s “Cellphone’s Dead”:
- By now, you’ve probably watched the video in which Billy Bob “Don’t Call Me An Actor” Thornton acts out during an interview for Canada’s Q TV. Now, Billboard reports that the Oscar-winning thespian’s band, The Boxmasters, have called off the rest of their Canadian dates for reason they claim is “due to one band member and several of the crew having the flu” and apparently not because they were booed on stage in Toronto for his having called Canadians “mashed potatoes without gravy.”
- It’s a sad day when we must say goodbye to another awesome doom metal band but such is the case for Khanate, who are calling it a day with the release of their final album, Clean Hand Go Foul. The vinyl edition of the album is already available with May 26th marking the official release date for the CD. The first 1000 copies of the compact disc version will include the live DVD End: Capture & Release.
- More release news: the Andrew Whiteman-helmed Apostle of Hustle are readying their third album, Eats Darkness, for a May 19th release.
- If that’s not enough Broken Social Scene goodness for you, perhaps the announcement of the band’s forthcoming book, This Book is Broken, will make you tingle. Now your dreams of reading a BSS biography full of pictures, interviews, and stories concerning will be a reality come May 16th.
- The noise community loses another staple: The U.S.A. is a Monster are calling it a day (again). The duo of Tom Hohmann and Colin Langenus will finish off their unruly creation with a block of European shows before their last performance May 9th in Brooklyn.
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs continue their talk show blitz by following up their performance this past weekend on SNL with appearances on David Letterman and Jimmy Fallon on Tuesday and Wednesday respectively. Other highlights include Neko Case also on Letterman and Franz Ferdinand on Jimmy Kimmel. Don’t forget to set your DVR’s for these:
Monday, April 13
David Letterman: A.C. Newman
Last Call: Cold War Kids (R 4/1/09)
Jimmy Kimmel: Lily Allen (R 4/3/09)
Tuesday, April 14
David Letterman: Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Jay Leno: The Airborne Toxic Event
Late Late Show: Brett Dennen
Wednesday, April 15
David Letterman: Neko Case
Jimmy Fallon: Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Last Call: The Duke Spirit
Thursday, April 16
Last Call: Lykke Li
Jimmy Kimmel: Pete Yorn
Friday, April 17
Last Call: Ben Harper & Relentless7
Jimmy Kimmel: Franz Ferdinand