- In business news, online music streaming service Pandora once appeared to be in dire straits; however, mobile applications for the immensely popular iPhone and Blackberry have given the company a fresh outlook. In addition, the UKs royalty collection agency has decided to cut the rate it asks of online music services, a decision that is likely to further benefit Pandora.
- Snuggie, the totally unnecessary blanket with sleeves, has teamed up with Weezer to produce the Wuggie, basically a Snuggie that says Weezer on it.
- Iggy Pop has begun talks with former Stooges member James Williamson about a reunion. Williamson co-wrote the bands ’73 album Raw Power, the album that’s likely to form the basis of any reunion.
- On Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, the Beastie Boys revealed the title of their forthcoming album, Hot Sauce Committee. In addition to spilling the beans on the title of the September release, the trio performed their classic
So What’cha Wantbacked by the shows stellar house band, The Roots. Check it out:
- Speaking of new release revelations, Matador just announced Jay Reatard‘s upcoming full-length, his first in three years, called Watch Me Fall, due August 18, and made this MP3 freely available:
- It seems MIA is in the news more these days for her political views than for her music. She sat down with Bill Maher on Friday to discuss the Sri Lankan civil war and the media’s handling of it. See for yourself:
- Lastly, Kanye West, who has been quoted as saying
I am not a fan of booksand
I am a proud non-reader of books,has unsurprisingly written a book. Can 52 pages of ‘Kanye-isms’ be considered a book?