We pinned down another of the bands performing tonight at Neumos for the John In The Morning At Night Show -- Throw Me The Statue, who’s playing with Pela, U.S.E, and Iran, agreed to answer the our questions. Here’s TMTS frontman Scott Reitherman’s response:
1) Tell us everything you’ve done in the past 24 hours? Leave out the really dirty stuff...
Saw the Constant Lovers play at the War Room, watched Lebron lose a heartbreaker, put away my 2008 taxes in a semi-organized manner, unpacked my suitcase from a trip I got home from two weeks ago, ate breakfast at Noah’s Bagels with my girlfriend, rehearsed for our upcoming John In The Morning At Night performance.
2) Thank you for supporting KEXP in playing our John In The Morning At Night benefit show! What was it like the first time you heard your music on the radio?
Extremely strange and exciting.
3) Name 3 other bands or artists that you can’t live without.
I’m really bad at this question. Of the last week it’d have to be Soulja Boy, Tammar, Final Spins.
4) What’s the craziest or most embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you on stage?
Getting accidentally stabbed in the eyeball by the tip of a drumstick that I gave to an audience member in Hamburg. We sometimes throw drums to the audience to play, and I sometimes go out to help them drum along. This time it went painfully wrong, and I was left trying to continue the song while wondering if I had a gross deflated grape for an eyeyball.
5) What are you looking forward to for the rest of 2009?
Playing shows with our new songs, being receptive to whatever comes, being kind, cooking dinner with friends, going to Mariners summer home games.
Be sure to come down to Neumos tonight. Doors open at 8pm, tickets are $18 presale and $20 day of. Advance tickets can be purchased at Ticketswest.com, Ticketswest Outlets, and Neumos Box Office.