- Since the end of Husker Du, we’ve seen and heard plenty from Bob Mould, from albums with Sugar to a stack of solo discs. But what about Grant Hart? It’s been awhile but solo album #6 is on the way with the release of Hot Wax, which finds the Husker Du drummer joined by members of Godspeed You Black Emperor and A Silver Mt. Zion.
- Jack White has his hands in everything. Three bands, a label, a beautiful model wife and now he’s hoarding Keith Richards! The White Stripes/Raconteurs/Dead Weather member has been collaborating on songs with The Rollings Stones axe man. What it leads to, Keef will not say.
- Fans have been catching Ben Lee‘s disease for quite some time but Lee has caught the itch to reform his old band, Noise Addict — once darlings of the alternative community. Now Noise Addict returns with a new album, It Was Never About the Audience, downloadable from the band’s website and a new member: Lou Barlow.
- Bumbershoot performers No Age recently performed their unique soundtrack to the 1989 film, The Bear. Videothing houses the footage.
- The term supergroup gets tossed around quite often thanks to the countless amounts of quasi-famous pairings starting rock bands and side projects recently, but Them Crooked Vultures, which features the talents of Dave Grohl, Josh Homme, and John Paul Jones are worthy of the clichéd term. The group will be hitting the road this fall (not dates announced for Seattle or the Pacific Northwest). In the meantime, you can check out video for the track, “Elephant”:
- WFMU has just announced WFMU Fest. The October 1-3 event will feature the talents of Faust, Pissed Jeans, Cold Cave, and Teenage Jesus and the Jerks among others.
- Not a lot going on in the talkshows this week. Below are a few things you might find interesting…
Monday, September 7
David Letterman: Diane Birch
Tavis Smiley: Smokey Robinson (R)
Tuesday, September 8
Last Call: The Cure (R)
Wednesday, September 9
David Letterman: George Jones
Jimmy Kimmel: Brendan Benson
Thursday, September 10
Conan O’Brien: Paolo Nutini
Last Call: The Ting Tings (R)
Jimmy Kimmel: White Lies
Friday, September 11
Conan O’Brien: Chris Cornell
Jimmy Fallon: George Jones
Last Call: Zee Avi (R)