- Bradford Cox is a busy man. Not only did he recently bring his solo outfit Atlas Sound to Seattle via Bumbershoot with a fantastic performance, he has found time with his principle band, Deerhunter, to unveil the new video for “Helicopters,” from the band’s Halcyon Digest. You can view the video here.
- Badly Drawn Boy is returning with a proposed trilogy; It’s What I’m Thinking: Photographing Snowflakes being the first salvo to be released October 12th in the U.S.
- Asobi Seksu are in the midst of recording an as-yet-untitled album. In the meantime, the duo is taking a bit of time away from the studio to play a few live shows. No Seattle date is currently scheduled.
- Previews of Belle and Sebastian‘s upcoming album, …Write About Love, are hidden away in a stylized television program the band created:
- Stephen Malkmus must be getting lazy as Pavement (also recent Seattle visitors) and Jimmy Fallon have announced a contest with first prize being the role of guitarist with the cult indie band on their upcoming Late Night with Jimmy Fallon performance. Guidelines are available for viewing here.
- It’s a holiday week, so as you’d expect there are a lot of repeats on the late night talk shows, but there are also a surprising number of can’t-miss originals, like on Wednesday when you have to flip coin between The Black Angels and Interpol, or on Thursday between Jerry Lee Lewis and Ray LaMongtagne. Here are the highlights:
Monday, September 6
Carson Daly: She & Him (R)
Tuesday, September 7
Jimmy Kimmel: Scissor Sisters
Carson Daly: The Morning Benders (R)
Wednesday, September 8
David Letterman: The Black Angels
Jimmy Kimmel: Interpol
Thursday, September 9
Jimmy Kimmel: Ray LaMontagne
Jimmy Fallon: Jerry Lee Lewis
Friday, September 10
Have you seen Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World yet?