- If you can’t get enough of Stephin Merritt, the Magnetic Fields, or Strange Powers, the documentary on the enigmatic musician that ran at the SIFF in June, then you’re in luck. Not only has bonus footage from Strange Powers been released, which will be included on the documentary’s DVD that is coming out next year, but Time Out New York has archived all of Merritt’s writings for the publication from 1996-2000. For more links and info, click here.
- Tea Party support and Obama opposition has come from an unlikely source lately: Maureen Tucker, also known as the drummer for The Velvet Underground. She was interviewed by a local TV station at Tea Party rally in April, and surprise and curiosity has been swelling within the music community over the past month since the video was discovered. She was recently interviewed by St. Louis’ Riverfront Times. Judge for yourself if she makes some valid points or if she’s gone nutso.
- Danger Mouse has been lending a variety of different projects as of late, and now he’ll be recording an album with U2. According to Bono, the band wants to make “a more club-sounding” record.” We’ll see!
- !!! have just released an amazing and salaciously flower-themed new video for “Jamie My Intentions Are Bass,” off their new album Strange Weather, Isn’t It? Behold:
- If you’ve watched TBS for more than five minutes over the past month, you’ve likely seen a promo for Conan O’Brien’s new show, which will premier November 8th. And who else but to be his first musical guest other than long-time friend Jack White? Get excited.
- Crystal Castles have announced a spring tour. They’ll be at the Showbox at the Market March 8th. Finally!
- For your late-night network TV enjoyment:
Monday, October 25th
David Letterman - Kings of Leon
Jimmy Fallon - Norah Jones
Carson Daly - Weezer
Tuesday, October 26th
Carson Daly - She & Him
Wednesday, October 27th
Jimmy Fallon - School of Seven Bells
Carson Daly - Interpol
Thursday, October 28th
Carson Daly - Ra Ra Riot
David Letterman - Kid Cudi
Friday, October 29th
Carson Daly - Villagers
Jay Leno - Jimmy Eat World