- In case you haven’t heard, the latest painfully awkward Kanye West moment has befallen the nation, and the controversy conveniently comes just weeks before his new album is scheduled to drop (My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy will be released November 22). West was brought on to the Today show to sit down with Matt Lauer and respond to George Bush’s recent comments that West’s declaring “George Bush doesn’t care about black people” live on national TV in the aftermath of Katrina was the “most disgusting” moment of his presidency. In his interview with Lauer, West struggled to find the words to apologize (it was later reported that he was coached on how to respond), and the interview became even more tense when West repeatedly called out NBC for simultaneously airing footage of West’s incident with Taylor Swift (skip to :40) and his comment about Bush in 2005. He recently canceled an upcoming performance on the Today show that was scheduled to take place November 26.
- The Arcade Fire performed on SNL this weekend. Check out the video of both songs they performed via Pitchfork, as well as a video of their participation in an SNL Digital Short.
- Chromeo are one of the few bands that actually force you to get up and dance when you hear them. They’ve released an excellent new video for “Hot Mess” which could easily have been a convenient excuse for them to sit around in a steam room full of beautiful women.
- A warehouse owned by Neil Young went up in flames on Tuesday. The warehouse contained guitars, paintings, vintage cars, and other memorabilia. Around 85% of the valuables were said to be salvaged, but the blaze has been reported to have caused 1 million dollars worth of damage.
- On December 4, the Showbox at the Market will host a benefit for the late Sub Pop VP Andy Kotowicz, who was recently killed in a tragic car accident. The show will feature Mudhoney, Fruit Bats, Shabazz Palaces, and other Sub Pop artists, and proceeds will go to the Andy Kotowicz Family Foundation. You can donate yourself by clicking here.
- Despite the recent released of Plastic Beach and a current tour, Gorillaz have finished a new album. The album was recorded in on an iPad and should be out by Christmas.
- For your late-night TV enjoyment:
Monday, November 15
Jimmy Fallon - Grinderman
Conan O’Brien - Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings
Tuesday, November 16
Carson Daly - Japandroids
Wednesday, November 17
Carson Daly - Broken Bells
Thursday, November 18
Carson Daly - Menomena
Conan O’Brien - The Decemberists
Friday, November 26
Jimmy Kimmel - Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
Jimmy Fallon - Sufjan Stevens
Carson Daly - Fitz & The Tantrums