- The much-talked-about auction for Bob Dylan’s handwritten lyrics for “The Times They Are A-Changin'” wrapped up with “collector” Adam Sender bringing home the treasured piece of music history for just north of $422,000. As a certain intrepid archaeologist might cry, “Those belong in a museum!”
- Details-a-plenty concerning the forthcoming Mountain Goats album. All Eternals Deck is set to be released March 29 on Merge.
- In pretty stupid but quite funny news, Keith Richards apparently killed a library executive’s orchid by smoking in her office. Keith buried the hatchet by autographing the saucer that held the plant, which he had used as an ashtray.
- Good news for those who find the 30-second iTunes song samples to be frustratingly short: they’ve decided to increase the length of song samples to 90 seconds, effective immediately. Go ahead, test it out.
- New Perfume Genius video for “Lookout, Lookout.” Look here via PitchforkTV:
- More best-albums-of-the-year lists. Here’s Stereogum’s Top 50. Kanye comes in at numero uno.
- Flying Lotus recently laid down some tracks for BBC Radio with a full band, including the debut of “Golden Axe.” Click here to listen and to see a video roll-call of the band.
- The video for “Kush,” the first single off Dr. Dre‘s upcoming album Detox, has been released. Nothing revolutionary here. The video features Akon and Snoop Dogg and revolves around partying, Dre’s Lamborghini, and, of course, “Kush.” Watch here.
- For your late-night TV enjoyment:
Monday, December 13
Conan O’Brien – Jimmy Eat World
Carson Daly – Two Door Cinema Club (R)
Tuesday, December 14
Carson Daly – A Perfect Circle
Jimmy Kimmel – Goo Goo Dolls
David Letterman – Joanna Newsom
Conan O’Brien – Broken Bells
Wednesday, December 15
Carson Daly – Interpol
Jimmy Kimmel – The Temper Trap
Conan O’Brien – Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
Jimmy Fallon – Annie Lennox
David Letterman – Ronnie Spector
Thursday, December 16
Conan O’Brien – Jenny & Johnny
David Letterman – Florence + The Machine
Carson Daly – School of Seven Bells
Friday, December 17
Carson Daly – Fitz & The Tantrums
Jimmy Fallon – Robert Plant