If you’re a fan of music, then you’ve heard of Record Store Day, the annual sale that celebrates independent record stores by offering markdowns of most prices, and exclusive or rare vinyl. Time to mark your calendars, because this year’s Record Store Day is slated for Saturday, April 16th, and the event’s UK website has some preliminary information about what to expect from this year’s loot. Here are some of the highlights:
- Bibio / Clark Split 12″, housed in the classic ‘Warp’ purple sleeve (the first Warp release to get this treatment in almost four years)
- The Black Angels – Another Nice Pair limited edition red vinyl album + download card consisting of the band’s first two EPs. 100 inserts signed by the band will be randomly packed through the pressing.
- A new Blitzen Trapper 7″ single
- A new Cults 7″ single
- A Deerhoof / Xiu Xiu split 7″ featuring Jamie Stewart singing to Deerhoof’s “Almost Everyone, Almost Always,” and Deerhoof drummer Greg Saunier singing to a Xiu Xiu song from Dear God, I Hate Myself.
- A Franz Ferdinand covers EP featuring performances by LCD Soundsystem, Debbie Harry (of Blondie), Peaches, and ESG & Stephin Merritt (Magnetic Fields)
- Rising stars Foster the People‘s 10″ “Pumped Up Kicks” single
- Jenny & Johnny / Gram Parsons & Emmylou Harris Split 7″
- A Panda Bear clear vinyl single with exclusive tee
- Deluxe reissue of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin‘s Broom featuring three songs not found on the CD and a download code that includes two digital bonus tracks (colored vinyl)
- The Kills – Special dub 10″ of “Satellite” featuring mixes by Mad Professor
- Toro Y Moi / Cloud Nothings split 7″
- Vivian Girls “I Heard You Say” 7″ single on colored vinyl, featuring exclusive B-side “I Won’t Be Long”
Remember, stores only carry what they choose to carry, so if you see something you want on the list, be sure to double check with your local store to make sure they have it! You can find stores near you here.