Live Video: The Church

photo by Brittney Bush Bollay (view set)

Playing three full albums a night on their “Future Past Perfect” tour, the Australian psych-pop veterans The Church took time from their marathon performances to stop by KEXP for an abbreviated and stripped down sample from their three-decade long career. Bandmates Steven Kilbey, Marty Wilson-Piper, Peter Koppes and Tim Powles played a luscious set of songs including some rare renditions you’re unlikely to have heard before. Check out the videos from their acoustic session here:

This entry was posted in KEXP, Live Video and tagged . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Russ
    Posted February 25, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Permalink

Brilliant!!!!

2. john
    Posted February 26, 2011 at 6:24 am | Permalink

tear it all away is a classic,one of the first songs i ever heard by the church in the early eighties

3. Brian Smith
    Posted February 26, 2011 at 9:08 am | Permalink

It’s wonderful that you’ve made these videos for everyone to see, they look great! I saw the band in Boston on this tour: stunning!

4. Joe G.
    Posted February 26, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Permalink

ALREADY YESTERDAY made me cry.

5. shad martin
    Posted February 27, 2011 at 1:13 pm | Permalink

Very nice, I do love that “Swan Lake” tune.

6. CeeCeeRyder
    Posted February 28, 2011 at 8:24 am | Permalink

Gorgeous stuff!

7. Daniel J. Kruse
    Posted February 28, 2011 at 3:33 pm | Permalink

I attended the Feb. 7th show and what an experience it was. I flew in from Nebraska in order to attend it. You will never meet a loser at a Church show. Such cool and lovely people form all over the country and world. As for the band itself: There is no other band out there doing what the Church does. The quality of their shows is always beyond description. The Triple Door is a class act too. Damn! Those waiters were cuties! By the way, I love your radio station as much as I do Seattle. To make things even better, we saw this huge rainbow on the way to the show. I will never figure out why the big guitar mags don’t cover Marty and Peter more. I need to get on it and write all of them a letter and tell them to get there acts in gear. Hands down, one of the best guitar duo’s out there today and of all time as well. Of course, I’ve already known that for years. A big thank you to The Church, The Triple Door, KEXP and of course, Seattle. Love all of you!
    DJK

8. Dave "megdog" Megrey
    Posted March 1, 2011 at 7:20 am | Permalink

Absolutely love these Aussies...missed this tour, as it did not come to Cleveland, but very much appreciate this fantastic band flying to the US every other year and playing live...great songs, great lyrics, great guitar interplay(Tim Powles on the drums is pretty dang talented also)...my favorite band hands down....thanks to Seattle’s KEXP for posting these high quality video’s for all to see...

peace,