- Arcade Fire haven’t always been winning Grammys and playing surprise gigs internationally; newly surfaced video shows the band playing a house show in 2002, a full two years before Funeral. The video, which features early cut “My Heart is an Apple,” also snags a sneak peek at fellow Canadian Alden Penner (of The Unicorns) in the first row of attendees. Awesome. Watch:
- Exuberant Philly quintet Man Man have released the title track from their forthcoming Life Fantastic, a fully-produced effort that highlight’s the bands eccentric style. The 40-second guitar solo at the song’s climax really captures the band in a nutshell. Chaos and beauty have never merged so well.
- Man Man - Life Fantastic (MP3)
- We’ve heard precious little from Bon Iver of late, aside from collaborations and samples, so when a mysterious 50 second video was uploaded to the songwriter’s website, you can bet it’ll make headlines. The short clip stars an occasionally in-focus painting, soundtracked by what many assume to be an instrumental snippet of the forthcoming new album. Watch:
- The Antlers are busy promoting their new album Burst Apart, and there’s really no better way to do that than by giving away songs for free. They’ve already set loose tense jam “Parentheses,” and today they’ve released “Every Night My Teeth Are Falling Out” for free on their Facebook. Listen and download below.
The Antlers - “Every Night My Teeth Are Falling Out” (MP3)
- The Decemberists are hot on the heels of their critically acclaimed new album The King Is Dead, with a lengthy tour that includes several upcoming festival dates. Now, you can check out the grim, dystopian, but still fantastical video for track “This Is Why We Fight” below.
- Everyone’s favorite love-to-hate or hate-to-love goth-hop trio Salem have been relatively quiet since their debut King Night, but now get a taste of something new with this remix of Interpol‘s “Try It On,” available on the Record Store Day EP that also features rehashes by Ikonika and Banjo Or Freakout.
- Interpol - “Try It On (Salem Remix)” (MP3)