- The Bumbershoot Music and Arts Festival continues to reveal artists on their 2011 lineup one at time on their Facebook page. Most recent additions include Phantogram, Warpaint, Vetiver and a reunited Grant Lee Buffalo. You can follow their “Artist a Day in May” posts on their Facebook page for the next week until the full lineup is unveiled on June 1st. Also, if you’re planning to take advantage of Bumbershoot’s $29 Any Day Pass offer, you need to get them soon! The deadline for those very convenient and nicely priced tix is May 31st.
- Congrats to Fleet Foxes for working their way up to Billboard 200′s number 4 spot last week! And on Friday night, the band appeared on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon to perform the new album’s “Sim Sala Bim.” Check out the video here:
- In a previously unheard interview, Bob Dylan confessed to being a herion addict. The nearly 70 year-old singer (his birthday is tomorrow) spoke to friend and journalist Robert Shelton some 45 years ago about being “very, very strung out for a while” before he kicked his “$25-a-day habit.” Read more about the 1966 interview here.
- Handsome Furs have released another new song, along with some NSFW cover art, from their upcoming album, Sound Kapitol, due June 28. We’ve featured “What About Us” on the blog already, but now here’s “Repatriated”:
Handsome Furs - Repatriated (MP3)
- Rolling Stone takes advantage of last week’s accidental iTunes leak of Bon Iver‘s new self-titled album to give a track-by-track breakdown. Read it here.
- Panda Bear’s new video for “Alsatian Darn” is currently being debuted on Pitchfork
- Battles are the latest to get the La Blogotheque treatment, this time “in a rococo style lounge in The Hotel de Ville, the magnificent city hall and mayor’s office in the centre of Paris”: