This month, KEXP’s Community Partnership Initiative, is proud to spotlight the NFFTY, National Film Festival for Talented Youth, the largest and most influential film festival for young filmmakers, age 22 and under. NFFTY occurs each Spring in Seattle and includes more than 250 screenings of films from more than 40 states and 20 countries.
On Saturday, March 3, the Audioasis Community Partnerships Benefit show at The Sunset in Ballard will feature Pollens with Katie Kate and Posse. Each band has generously donated their performances to benefit NFFTY, National Film Festival for Talented Youth.
Five things you can do right now to get involved with the NFFTY, National Film Festival for Talented Youth:
- Attend and bring your friends to NFFTY, to watch amazing films from April 26 - 29.
- Attend and bring your friends to the Future of Film Expo website to learn more about our programs and about opportunities to volunteer.
- Volunteer at NFFTY, the Future of Film Expo, and/or as a part of the NFFTY Street Team.
- If you’re a youth filmmaker 22 or under, submit your film to NFFTY.
- Go to www.NFFTY.org to watch past year’s films and filmmaker interviews.
Hope to see you there at The Sunset on March 3!