Tonight, Saturday, April 7th, the Audioasis Community Partnerships Benefit show at The Sunset in Ballard will feature The Grizzled Mighty with Strong Killings and Consignment. Each band has generously donated their performances in support of Rainy Dawg Radio.
This month, KEXP’s Community Partnership Initiative, is proud to spotlight Rainy Dawg Radio, founded in 2002 by a student-led task force looking to establish a radio station at The University of Washington. Their mission is to offer UW students a unique artistic outlet, to facilitate connections with the greater music community, and to provide ongoing educational opportunities in the field of broadcasting. Like KEXP, Rainy Dawg encourages uniquely personal interactions between DJs and listeners at a time when tastemaking algorithms appear to be taking over the music industry. They’re an entirely student-owned and run, and serve as a vital educational resource for undergraduate and graduate students at the UW.
Five things you can do right now to get involved with Rainy Dawg Radio:
- Visit Rainy Dawg’s website and blog to find out more about our upcoming events, in-studio performances, and on air programs.
- If you are a current UW student, consider applying to be a DJ at Rainy Dawg. Simply visit the “get involved” tab on their website and send along an application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are a UW alumnus, a former DJ at KCMU, or just someone who is interested in preserving the tradition of student-run radio at the UW (or in the world), please email email@example.com with your name, and someone from our staff will get in touch to talk about the ways in which you can help support the station.
- Attend one of the many events open to both UW students and the general public. Keep an eye on their website for more details.
- Listen to a Rainy Dawg show!
See you tonight!