It is summer time in Denmark right now, and that means beautiful, never ending summer days, which of course should be accompanied by a suitable soundtrack. The “Made in Denmark” Music That Matters podcast is dedicated to an exploration of Danish music and presents what’s playing on the Danish stereos right now and what dancy tracks the Danes shake their butts to after dark.
While it’s impossible to capture the vibrant and diverse music scene in this podcast, “Made in Denmark” focuses on artists mainly published by independent labels and who have constituted a more considerable part of the Danish scene for a while — plus, you’ll also get a chance to listen to a few up and coming names to get an idea of what is happening in cities like Copenhagen and Aarhus right now.
So tune in and find out what artists perform clad in rabbit masks, how Caribbean beach atmosphere sounds like filtered through the bittersweet minds of a Danish act, and what lullaby is composed by Chinese atmosphere and dreamy psych pop.
1. Sleep Party People – Heavy Burden (from We Were Drifting on a Sad Song)
2. Chimes and Bells – Golden Sweater (from Into Pieces of Wood)
3. Snake & Jet’s Amazing Bullitt Band – Black Egg (from Stuff That Rotates)
4. The Late Great Fitzcarraldos – Bolerobillie (from The Late Great Fitzcarraldos)
5. Treefight for Sunlight – Facing the Sun (from A Collections of Vibrations for Your Skull)
6. KALA-OK – Stars Are Sailing (from Reminiscence of a Bodily Blues)
7. Choir of Young Believers – Nye nummer et (from Rhinegold)
8. Oh No ONO – The Tea Party (from EGGS)
9. Darkness Falls – Timeline (from Alive in Us)
10. When Saints Go Machine – Church and Law (from Konkylie)
11. Shiny Darkly – Diana (from Shiny Darkly EP)
12. 4 Guys from the Future – Don’t Help Me Up (from Under the New Morning Sun)