Tame Impala @ Outside Lands
photo by Moses Namkung
- Tame Impala‘s anticipated album Lonerism is streaming. They previously released “Elephant” from the album, accompanied by a typically psychedelic video, the album follows up last year’s Innerspeaker with a similarly close-titled but easy to listen to sound. Although the titles suggest a tendency towards introverted style music, perhaps ambiance or haze, the songs are much more typically trip-pop influenced.
- A new song by Ultraísta, Radiohead producer Nigel Godrich’s new band, Strange Formulagot a remix from David Lynch today released on Nowness.com. The song has been blurred and fuzzed into a typically opaque production from Lynch, smearing the vocals and instrumentals into a haze. Accompanying the remix is a trippy video that’s similarly blurred and over-saturated.
- Morrissey said in a recent interview with the Australian Herald Sun that following his comments at the 2009 Coachella that the festival then offered him a “100% vegetarian event” if he would get The Smiths together for the following year. His comments back in 2009 are too good not to mention: “I can smell burning flesh and I hope to God it’s human.” Interestingly enough, he said the deal only required him and guitarist Johnny Marr to perform under the title The Smiths. More about that: just this morning UK website Holy Moly released an article claiming that The Smiths had decided to reunite for 2013, and were possibly headlining at Glastonbury. Unfortunately for fans, this seems to have just been another rumor – Marr has already denied it on his Facebook.
- Sub Pop recording artist King Tuff released a new single today: “Screaming Skull.” The psych garage rock king from VT will release the 7″ with two non-album singles via Sub Pop.
- Adele‘s theme for the upcoming Bond movie Skyfall will be released this Friday. Her confirmed presence for the movie means a soulful backdrop for a classic spy movie. For the song she collaborated with Paul Epsworth and a 77-piece orchestra. Can you guess at what time the audio will be available for streaming? 0:07. (via FACT)