This month, KEXP’s Community Partnership Initiative, is proud to spotlight Amara, a local nonprofit that prepares and supports loving, adoptive families for children in foster care. For 90 years, Amara has been providing services to families and children, pioneering programs to meet the changing needs of our community’s children, youth and families. Because every child needs and deserves the safety, well-being and permanency that a forever family provides. Amara’s mission is to create and support stable, loving homes for vulnerable children. Their vision and wish for the future is “A Home for Every Child.”
On Saturday, March 23rd, Chop Suey will host our monthly Audioasis Community Partnerships Benefit Show featuring performances by River Giant, BellaMaine, and The Comettes. Each band has generously donated their performances to benefit Amara.
Five things you can do right now to help support Amara:
- Attend one of our free Adoption Information Meetings to learn more about the children in foster care and the adoption process
- Join us on April 29 for Amara’s annual luncheon, From Hope to Home, as we celebrate permanency for children in foster care.
- Be a voice for children in foster care by challenging myths and stereotypes in your community.
- Host an event at your home, workplace or community organization to inform your friends and colleagues about the need for lifelong homes for children in Washington state. Contact Us!
- Help support new parents by dropping off infant supplies and other items from our wish list.
Connect with Amara:
See you at Chop Suey on Saturday, March 23rd! Ticketing information here.