On Friday, April 19th, as part of Hood to Hood 2013, the Audioasis Community Partnerships Benefit show at Cafe Racer in the University District will feature Hounds of the Wild Hunt with Lonesome Shack and Nu KlezmerArmy. Each band has generously donated their performance in support of this month's featured partner.
This month, KEXP’s Community Partnership Initiative is honored to spotlight The Victims of the Cafe Racer Shooting Memorial Fund. On May 30th, 2012, five Cafe Racer patrons were shot by a lone gunman. Only one of the victims survived. Less than two months later, Cafe Racer reopened its doors, and, soon after, The Victims Of The Cafe Racer Shooting Memorial Fund was founded to benefit the families of the victims, and Len, the surviving victim. Cafe Racer has long been a positive presence at its Roosevelt location, hosting shows and building a community for many people in the neighborhood.
Five things you can do right now to get involved with Cafe Racer:
- Consider making a donation towards the victim’s families and survived victim of the May 30th, 2012 shooting. Visit their donation page.
- Attend the Audioasis Community Partnership Benefit for Café Racer Love – Victims of the Café Racer Shooting Memorial Fund on Friday, April 19th at Café Racer.
- Stop by Café Racer! We’d love to take care of you. Especially if you have been effected by gun violence. You do not have to hurt alone.
- Attend other events at Café Racer! We have a calendar full of LIVE music!
- Stay connected to Café Racer! Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.