- Ahmir “Questlove” Thompson stopped by The Daily Show with Jon Stewart on Tuesday to talk about his memoir Mo’ Meta Blues. He’s such a musical genius so you’ve got to love the fact that he attributes a huge pivotal change in music to The Cosby Show. Watch the hilarious and incredibly insightful interview below.
- Stars have release the music video for “Hold On When You Get Love And Let Go When You Give It.” This video has everything. There are sassy drag queens, wigs, and even a unicorn mask. Beautifully simple lyrics hold it all together, which shouldn’t be a surprise to and Stars fans. [CoS]
- He’s about as offensive as a Canadian gets, but Nardwuar is known for some highly entertaining interviews. Jónsi, Georg and Orri of Sigur Rós are extremely good sports in this occasionally painful, often awkward and always amusing interview about Iron Maiden, Thor, and the Penis Museum in Reykjavik:
- Rapper Angel Haze dropped her new track “Initiation” and it paints a dramatic picture of a failed relationship. The beat is abrasive and strong so when you add Angel’s sweet, soulful voice the result is a crazy contradiction that I can’t wait to hear more of. Her debut album, Dirty Gold, is set to release some time this year. [Stereogum]
- In order to promote their self-titled upcoming album, Light Heat, fronted by Quentin Stoltzfus, have shared the video for the track “Elevation.” It’s a live performance video, but the fun rainbow color filters add some flavor and shimmer. Don’t let the simplistic video fool you, the song is killer. [SPIN]