Tonight, Audioasis and the Vera Project will round up EMP Sound Off! Battle Of The Bands alumni as part of KEXP’s Community Partnerships Initiative. Each month, KEXP highlights a local non-profit and hosts a concert. All proceeds from each event benefits the non-profit. This installment features Nude Pop, The Fame Riot, Special Explosion, and Vervex. This month, KEXP is proud to spotlight Shepherd’s Counseling Services, a private, non-profit organization that strives to build awareness of childhood sexual abuse, and provides affordable, specialized therapy for men and women who were sexually abused as children.
Five things you can do right now to get involved with Shepherd’s Counseling Services:
- Visit Shepherd’s website to learn more about how to keep kids safe and build healthy communities.
- Attend Turn the Light On to become part of the community that works to end child sexual abuse! Turn the Light On is an inspirational community event featuring musical performances, speakers, and a light show, taking place 7-9 p.m. on Sunday October 6 at Green Lake Park. Turn the Light On and help create a healthy community of awareness and support! This free event is open to the public.
- Keep up to date about community events and learn more about Shepherd’s by signing up for their eNewsletter.
- Walk for Light around Green Lake Park! You’ll have the opportunity to meet other caring, motivated people and to bring positive change by raising awareness. Walkers meet on the first Saturday of every month at 9:15 A.M at the Green Lake Peet’s Coffee.
- Help spread the word about opportunities for hope and healing and about the need to keep kids safe! Like Shepherd’s Counseling Services’ Facebook page, put on an awareness ribbon, attend an event! Your voice makes a difference because positive change happens when communities come together!
Tonight’s show is all ages and $8 at the door. The show starts at 8:00p.m. at The Vera Project! You can also check out The Fame Riot’s in-studio performance on Audioasis below.