This Friday, March 8th, KEXP’s Community Partnerships Initiative presents a benefit show for Nick of Time Foundation, featuring Campfire OK, Tango Alpha Tango, and The Green Pajamas.
Nick of Time Foundation is dedicated to educating schools, athletes, families, and communities about Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) and death in young people.
On average, a seemingly healthy young person suffers a sudden cardiac arrest every three days in the US and it’s the leading cause of death in exercising young athletes. In most cases of sudden cardiac arrest, cardiac abnormalities are not detected, there are no warning signs, and unless a normal heart rhythm is restored within minutes, death is the end result. The Nick of Time Foundation facilitates youth heart screenings, helps to provide program resources for public access defibrillator programs and teaches the importance of early bystander CPR/AED education and awareness, in an effort to provide “Heart Safe Zones” in our communities.
Five things you can do right now to get involved with Nick of Time Foundation:
- Volunteer! Your time is valuable and Nick of Time could use your help! If you’re interested in volunteer opportunities with NOTF please visit their website website for more details.
- Get your heart checked. Nick of Time organizes and facilitates eight to ten on-site community youth heart screenings per school year. Offered to all students ages 14-24 regardless of race, ethnicity, gender and socio-economic status. Find out through NOTF programs
- Learn about NoTF Awareness Programs. Nick of Time Foundation is working to increase survival of sudden cardiac arrest, with awareness in bystander CPR, AED training and the importance of having Automated External Defibrillators (AED) in all public places. To learn more visit programs
- Donate! Your generous donations keep NoTF saving lives! Visit our donate page for details.
- Learn about “Hearts of” projects. NoTF will work to identify school districts in need of a Public Access Defibrillator (PAD) program.
Doors at 9:00 PM, show at 10:00 PM at The Sunset (21+), and costs $8 at the door. You can also purchase advance tickets for $7 here.